Ownership Changes and Partnerships
- In 2012, Gruosi gave up majority ownership in De Grisogono.
- The majority ownership was taken over by investors centered around Isabel dos Santos, daughter of Angolan dictator José Eduardo dos Santos.
- Dos Santos routed millions of dollars through shell companies in Malta and the British Virgin Islands.
- In 2017, De Grisogono entered into a new partnership with former Leviev executives David and Lisa Klein.
- The company was bought by the Damac Group of Dubai in 2022.
Record-breaking Sales and Achievements
- In 2017, the necklace 'Creation I' by De Grisogono was sold for nearly Dh125 million in Christie's sale.
- De Grisogono set a new record at Christie's Magnificent Jewels sale in Geneva in 2017 by selling the world's biggest-ever emerald cut diamond offered at auction.
- The 163.41-carat D Flawless diamond, incorporated into a necklace designed by Fawaz Gruosi, fetched 33.5 million Swiss francs.
- The sale beat the previous record for a D Flawless diamond by nearly five million Swiss francs.
- De Grisogono's achievements in sales and design have been widely recognized in the industry.
Involvement in Luanda Leaks Investigation
- In January 2020, De Grisogono was named in the Luanda Leaks investigation by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists.
- The investigation revealed De Grisogono's involvement in the business empire of Angolan Isabel dos Santos.
- As a result, De Grisogono filed for bankruptcy on 29 January 2020.
- The Luanda Leaks investigation brought attention to the alleged corruption and financial misconduct surrounding De Grisogono.
- The bankruptcy marked a significant downfall for the company.
Notable Products and Achievements
- De Grisogono's 'Spirit of de Grisogono Diamond' is a famous and highly valuable gemstone.
- The company has been known for its innovative and glamorous designs.
- De Grisogono has received international recognition and acclaim for its jewelry creations.
- The brand has a reputation for using high-quality materials and exquisite craftsmanship.
- De Grisogono's products have attracted wealthy clients and collectors worldwide.
Related Topics and References
- De Grisogono has been mentioned in various articles and publications, including The New York Times and Forbes.
- The company has been the subject of media coverage due to its ownership changes and involvement in scandals.
- The acquisition of De Grisogono by the Damac Group of Dubai has been widely reported.
- The company's bankruptcy and subsequent acquisition have raised questions about its future.
- De Grisogono's story and controversies have sparked interest and discussion in the jewelry industry.
De Grisogono Data Sources