Care And Repair
Care and Repair
We understand that things happen and fine jewellery is delicate. There are things you can do to prevent common accidents: don’t clean, shower, sleep, exercise, or swim with your jewellery on. But don’t worry if something does happen. We stand by our work, and we can help you repair your fine jewellery.
Cleaning and Servicing:
We offer complimentary servicing. As part of this service, your ring will be given a thorough inspection, clean, polish, and tightening of stones (if required). It is recommended you have your ring services every 12 months.
If your ring is crafted in white gold, it will require re-plating in Rhodium. This can be added to your service for an additional charge. Re-plating is not covered in our warranty.
You can also clean your jewellery at home by wiping it with a lint-free cloth or with warm water, mild soap, and a gentle brush.
Information About Repairs:
If you need a repair, please contact us via email to arrange this. But before you do, here are some important details you should know:
- Our current timeline for repairs is 6-8 weeks from the time we receive your piece.
- If work needs to be done that goes beyond what the warranty covers, we’ll let you know. You’ll have the ability to opt out of those repairs at that point if you want.
- NOTE: If your piece needs a new stone, we can’t guarantee the replacement of limited-edition or one-of-a-kind stones. In the rare case that the exact stone isn’t available, we’ll follow up with you and get your approval on an alternative.
When caring for your jewellery it is important to remember that this is fine jewellery which have their vulnerabilities as do precious gemstones. To maintain your fine jewellery we recommend avoiding exposure to impact, pressure or extreme temperatures.
Precious metal, natural gemstones and even diamonds can crack or chip on impact with the wrong object.
The most important thing to remember when caring for fine jewellery is understanding appropriate wear. We want you to love and enjoy wearing your jewellery but please take care to remove when:
- Showering or bathing
- Applying cosmetics or perfumes
- Cooking, washing up, cleaning etc
- Doing any hands on work where your jewellery is exposed to chemicals or force
Handle your jewellery with care. It is fine jewellery after all!
Store it carefully to avoid it getting tangled or scratched.
Put your jewellery on last after dressing.
You can polish your jewellery with a soft cotton cloth or a jewellery polishing cloth. Diamonds and moissanite can be cleaned with warm soapy water and a soft toothbrush.